Bed & breakfast in a beautifully restored Gascon 18th Century coaching inn. Pool, gourmet meals, country walks, peace and quiet
Jouandassou is situated in a very unspoilt region dominated by farmland between the small town ofTrie sur Baïse (famous for its rugby team) and the village of Fontrailles (140 inhabitants). You will appreciate the peaceful surrounding Gascon countryside and the mild climate all year around. The region offers numerous nature activities (country walks, bike rides, birdwatching, fishing…) as well as the gastronomic pleasures of Gascony (foie gras, armagnac and the vineyards of Madiran).
Excursions within driving distance:
– the Pyrenees are less than 1 hour away with the Pic du Midi, the Betharram grotto, the prehistorical caves, the gorges de la Save, the cirque de Gavarnie and the Pyrenees National Park enjoyable both in summer or in winter with mountain and cross-country skiing.
– the mountain villages of Aragon in Spain are just over 1 hour away
– Lourdes, 40 minutes away, is Europe’s most famous pilgrimage
– Auch – centre of Gascony and birthplace of d’Artagnan, Toulouse – capital of South West France, the medievil town of Carcassonne – and the Atlantic (Biarritz) less than 2 hours away, the Mediterranean (Perpignan) 3 hours drive through the Languedoc.
– and nearby many historical and archeological sites to visit as well as famous spa resorts.
Activities available at Jouandassou and nearby :
– a private swimming pool, table tennis, boules and games … in the grounds
– deer stalking and mushroom picking in the nearby woods, birdwatching (ornithological reserve) 3 kms away
– tennis in the village (500 meters away)
– several 18 hole golf courses nearby
– fishing in the Baïse and nearby lakes
– all mountain activities in the Pyrénées (rockclimbing, caving, canoeing and parapenting, as well as thermal baths and spas.)
– numerous festivals including the Mirande Country Music Festival in July and the Marciac Jazz Festival in August
We offer a copious breakfast and evening meals including a variety of regional and traditional cuisine, as well as exotic “specials” once a week. Picnics and light lunches also available. Vegetables, eggs, milk and poultry produce are supplied by our neighbouring farmers. You can also indulge in the popular wine-tastings at the nearby Madiran, St. Mont and Jurançon vineyards.
If you are looking for a real “get away from it all” holiday in deepest France with comfort, cleanliness and calm guaranteed, this is for you.